The Best "Bug Off" Spray #DIY
Coconut oil is another truly amazing ingredient. It is known for its moisturizing and antibacterial qualities. I am using it as my carrier oil for my essential oils. Note: you need a carrier oil. You could use jojoba oil, Organic olive oil, or almond oil as a substitute. The coconut oil will solidify at cooler temperatures. That is why I added a pinch of salt and citric acid. I will not be refrigerating this lovely concoction and I wanted to ensure a stable shelf life for the entirety of Summer.
Things you will need:
- 8 oz. Spray Bottle(clean & chemical-free. I bought mine at our local health food store)
- Distilled, bottled water, or lavender/aloe witch hazel.
- 1 tsp citric acid(optional)
- Pinch of sea salt(optional)
- 1 oz. coconut oil(catnip oil is a great alternative).
- Rosemary essential oil 5 drops(cedarwood, tea tree, citronella, and lemongrass essential oils are great alternatives).
- Peppermint essential oil 5 drops
- Lavender essential oil 10 drops